Snoozing Teensy LC and RFM69HCW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turby

Hi All,

I've got a small Teensy LC based project to remote switch 4 channels using the Adafruit RFM69HCW at 433Mhz. The transmitter is powered by a 3.7 v 500 mAh lipo connected to teensy VIN. I've installed Arduino v1.8.13, Teensyduino 1.53, and I'm using using the handy snooze library (@ v6.3.8) from duff2013 as well as the Radiohead library included in Teensyduino.

I've sussed the limited wakeup interrupt pins and can successfully send and receive messages. What I'm having issues with is the current draw when hibernating. With the RFM69HCW object to sleep along with the Teensy the current drops to approx 450 uA, which is far shy of the expected sub 10uA. I've tried running Teensy LC at 24 Mhz. The transmit power of the RFM69 is set to 14 which is the lowest setting and I'm happy with the range. Without the RFM69HCW powered and Teensy LC snoozing I get below 10 uA which is great.

Is there a way to get current draw down to the level expected ? Am I missing something obvious ?

I'm believe that in the latest Teensyduino beta Paul has updated RadioHead library - would this make a difference?

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back