Project help and tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Young

Morning everyone

I have recently started building a few projects using processors one of which will include CAN control to read and display date from an engine,

I'm struggling to find much information on teensy' and especially the T4.0 is there an area with tutorials?

a quick brief of what I'm trying to do, i'll post a proper thread later specific to the project

I have an old VW with a Subaru engine running a stand alone ECU, i want to to be able to read the necessary engine info, so the plan is to have micro controller near the engine in the back to gather the data and send it to a micro controller at the front which will control the dials all via CAN bus.

I am looking to read vehicle and engine speed via hall effect sensor, water temp, fuel level, charging and oil warning lights,
the analogue displays will use stepper motors and the warning lights will just be led's

I quite happy i can get the inputs to work but I'm less confident when it comes to coding the CAN bus and writing the code to make it efficient and run fast enough, so if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great,

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back