Pop Goes my Teensy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty

3.2. I have an SD/Wiz820 soldered on top of it. 5V supply. I *think* I've shorted my 3.3 V regulator (LP 38691 I guess. Datasheet says "Thermal overload protection". Not sure that translates to "short-circuit protected".) Too dissappointing to poke at it thoughtfully, I'd rather whine on the forum and hope someone points something specific, easy, and successful :- ) to fix it.

Help? _______Marty

You could try posting picture and giving a bit more information. What exactly did you do? What did you expect? What did you observe? What have you tried regarding fixing it?

Yeah, feces occurs. I blew another T4.1 the other day because I soldered in the wrong MagJack on the base board and it literally blew the top off of the Phy chip.

Well, I have no idea what i did except do something that 1) Made the board not work no more; and 2) Made me want to not think about it a whole lot (which further complicates giving any useful information). I was kind of hoping there was a standard, "Oh yeah that happens all the time here's a cheap source of those and that always fixes it", kind of reply.

Seriously, I did have a ground lead waggling around in the air (for to better poke the RST pin) and I think it was up against my LM7805 on my 1/2 size proto board, but I wasn't paying attention (or else I wouldn't've doohn THAT). Didn't see it coming, didn't expect anything. No smoke, but the only hot thing around was the 7805.

Oh here's one thing. I didn't cut my USB 5V jumper and I'm also supplying 12V (1/2 A wallwart) to the 7805 to the 5V input of my T3.2.
And another: 1.6 V on the 3.3V output pin of the T3.2. Upon measuring that I decided it was Stone IPA time.

<sigh> Tomorrow. __Marty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back