TeensyDuino integration into Arduino 2.0 IDE

DerekR

I've been away from the forum for about a year, but I'm now back. I had several notifications last night that the all new Arduino 2.0 IDE is now available for download. But it's not immediately useful to us unless Teensyduino can be integrated. I've been unable to find any info on the status of this. Does anybody have any info on Paul's intentions.

I apologize if there are already threads re Arduino 2.0.

Derek

Usually, it takes a few days after the release.

Edit: There is no release on Arduino.cc?
All I see is a Beta 3.

It will be interesting, as I believe it is just a beta that has been released. Also as it is a complete different platform, it will be interesting to see if/when Paul adds support.

Under preferences is a menu "Cortex Debug"
Interesting, I wonder what will happen there with Teensy!

Last edited:
Was just looking at the download page as well. Think its based on Eclipse from what I remember of the original alpha test IDEs which I had major troubles with.

@Frank B saw this on the the description page:
As of today, the debugger supports all the Arduino boards based on the SAMD and Mbed platforms (MKR family, Nano 33 IoT, Nano 33 BLE, Portenta, Zero). Maintainers of Arduino cores for third-party boards can add support for debugging by adding the relevant configuration parameters; a technical guide for this is coming. You’ll need to connect a debugging probe such as the Segger J-link to the JTAG pins on the board and you’ll be ready to go.

Back