Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: SdFat Issues

SdFat Issues

After much initial difficulty, I've been (mostly*) successfully using SdFat 1.1.4 since last Fall. In starting a new project (using PlatformIO), I noticed that there are newer versions of SdFat available (up to 2.0.5). I tried the latest version but wasn't able to compile successfully.

I'm using PlatformIO 4.12.0, which appears to be based on Teensyduino 1.5.3. I saw a posting on this forum that made it sound like SdFat 2.x.x isn't supported until Teensyduino 1.5.4 which appears to still be in Beta, and not yet released for PlatformIO. Did I get that right? Stick to SdFat 1.1.4 for now? I don't really need anything in the update, except...

*One reason I wanted to update was to (hopefully) get rid of an annoying compiler warning that appears multiple times per compile:
    /Users/keith/.platformio/packages/framework-arduinoteensy/libraries/Time/time.h:1:2: warning: #warning "Please include TimeLib.h, not Time.h. Future versions will remove Time.h"

I previously posted about this issue (https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/62357-TimLib-h-vs-Time-h) but the response suggested that I attempt to modify a library file, but I've never been able to find that. Shouldn't an update to SdFat or Teensyduino have taken care of this?

Thank you!

Maybe give Arduino 1.8.13 with Teensyduino 1.54-beta7 a try. Even though the Arduino IDE's editor is pretty painful, at least having it set up can give you a way to compare results to your PlatformIO install.

Hmm. I'll probably just wait until it's released for PIO. My project has >20 .cpp and .h files, and I dread the prospect of converting it to .ino files.
    Sounds like you think that Teensyduino 1.54 will solve the Time/TimeLib issue?
    Thanks for the super-fast response!
    FYI, I've been doing a lot of free marketing for you on various reddit subs: r/Arduino, r/FastLED, r/LED, and r/LightArt (my sub). I'm really happy with the T4's that I've been using for various lighting projects.