teensy 4.1 4x5 matrix Keypad Problem?

nick703

I have 4x5 Matrix keypad and teensy 4.1.
When i have connected teensy 4.1 pin connected to row 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and column 10, 9, 8, 7 all of my keypad is working properly. But when i change the pin and wiring connection of row 37, 36, 35, 34, 33 and column 29, 30, 31 and 32 keypad is not working below is my code.
Code:
#include <Keypad.h>

const byte ROWS = 5; //four rows
const byte COLS = 4; //four columns
//define the cymbols on the buttons of the keypads
char hexaKeys[ROWS][COLS] = {
  {'0','1','2','3'},
  {'4','5','6','7'},
  {'8','9','A','B'},
  {'C','D','E','F'},
  {'G','H','I','J'}
};
//byte rowPins[ROWS] = {6, 5, 4, 3, 2}; //connect to the row pinouts of the keypad
//byte colPins[COLS] = {10, 9, 8, 7}; //connect to the column pinouts of the keypad              //  Working perfectly

byte rowPins[ROWS] = {37, 36, 35, 34, 33}; //connect to the row pinouts of the keypad
byte colPins[COLS] = {29, 30, 31, 32}; //connect to the column pinouts of the keypad

//initialize an instance of class NewKeypad
Keypad customKeypad = Keypad( makeKeymap(hexaKeys), rowPins, colPins, ROWS, COLS); 

void setup(){
  Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop(){
  char customKey = customKeypad.getKey();

if (customKey){
    Serial.println(customKey);
  }
}

So please give me reply what is the problem? Is that i have to pull-up or pull-down register for keypad ?

Very odd it went from working to not working when the code looks right for the pins.

Not sure if there is maybe a disconnected or miswired pin? Or perhaps a bad pin - or solder bridge - on the T_4.1?

Lib has some images - likely won't anything not already done : pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_Keypad.html

The lib seems to take care of the pin setup with no work in setup() and PJRC shows nothing but wires to the keypad.

Back