3.2 Dead? (Newbie)

Status
Not open for further replies.

erfirst

Hi all,
I am working on a project where I needed to connect an external battery to a teensy 3.2 and I thought I cut VIN to VUSB but when I plugged it into my computer it still turned on. Since I had the prop shield connected, I had to bend a safety pin and use that to cut the connection. Now, no matter how charged the battery is, I either get the LED to turn on for 2 seconds then shut off or nothing at all. If I bend a piece of solder and use it to connect VIN to VUSB I can get a connection to my computer but only for a few seconds. Did I do something wrong and my Teensy is dead or am I missing something?
Thanks

Several things, its good with a proper connection from the VIN pin to the VUSB pin, having a two pin header that can be bridged with one of those little caps is very helpful when debugging problems, "bend a piece of solder" can never be a reliable connection to test what works or not.

What is the battery voltage, how is it connected ? What other stuff is connected ?

Will Teensy still work powered on its own USB If you link again the pads you cut with a pin?

Do you just want the battery as alternative power source to the onboard USB?

Not sure the prop shield and the Teensy are so close together it is hard to get the pin in place with the USB cord in as well.

The battery should be the main source of power

Will Teensy still work powered on its own USB

Not sure the prop shield and the Teensy are so close together it is hard to get the pin in place with the USB cord in as well.

if you cannot plug in the Teensy USB from your computer USB how are you going to program it?.

Connect the battery between VIN pin and GND pin that should power up teensy and don't plug in onboard USB at same time

It was already programmed and was working fine except for the battery not being used correctly. After I cut VUSB and VIN thats when it stopped working. Also there isnt enough room to keep the pin in place and the USB cord plugged in at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back