MicroMod Beta Testing

I'm going to take the plunge and start migrating a T3.6 based system to Teensy Micromod so I'll be designing a board with the M.2 connector.

Does anyone have a Kicad footprint and symbol already made for the Teensy micromod connector? I've done some searching and no luck. I can make them myself, but I expect they're out there somewhere.

thx, Doug

Doug:

Maybe one of the models from <<this>> source would work for you ??

Hope that helps . . .

Mark J Culross
KD5RXT

P.S. You will need to register for & confirm a free account on their website in order to download their models. MJC

I used the symbol and footprint @luni created (above)

good opportunity to say many thanks to @luni and confirm they worked out perfect.

Cheers, Paul

Some time ago I made minor updates to the my blue breakout board (pictures on msg #184 and msg #547 and msg #671).

The 14 pin display connector was changed to use pins 1 & 4 for D/C & CS, for the same connection as used with Sparkfun's ML carrier and to avoid the conflict with pin 9 needed by the camera if used in 8 bit mode.

Also added a 6 pin header for Serial2 (same LPUART port as Serial4 on Teensy 4.0 & 4.1) and fixed the silkscreen labeling error on the I2C connectors.

They arrived a few weeks ago, but I just haven't had time to build any yet. The MTP changes and so many other things have seemed like a much higher priority. If anyone *really* wants to solder one up, I could send a bare PCB and a few key parts.

It is fabricated, waiting for parts. Some of the parts had lead times 20+ days... So hopefully next month it should be here...
Forgot to mention, I use DipTrace not KiCad...

Some time ago I made minor updates to the my blue breakout board (pictures on msg #184 and msg #547 and msg #671).

The 14 pin display connector was changed to use pins 1 & 4 for D/C & CS, for the same connection as used with Sparkfun's ML carrier and to avoid the conflict with pin 9 needed by the camera if used in 8 bit mode.

Also added a 6 pin header for Serial2 (same LPUART port as Serial4 on Teensy 4.0 & 4.1) and fixed the silkscreen labeling error on the I2C connectors.

They arrived a few weeks ago, but I just haven't had time to build any yet. The MTP changes and so many other things have seemed like a much higher priority. If anyone *really* wants to solder one up, I could send a bare PCB and a few key parts.
Sounds great.... I can wait as well. I do have some previous version which I totally screwed up on... Somehow the USB object had the pin numbers wrong and I did not double check. I made one work by hacking up USB cable to get things in right order. Also the 3.3v regulator footprint had issue, I hacked one up by jumpering in a Pololu dc/dc regulator... But works well enough, plus also busy with other stuff... Like MTP, plus want to get back also to MSC and the like

Changing the CS pin on the board was a great idea because right now the CS pin for the display conflicts with when the sdcard reader on the Audio board so can only use the builtin Sdcard :)

Doug:

Maybe one of the models from <<this>> source would work for you ??

Hope that helps . . .

Mark J Culross
KD5RXT

P.S. You will need to register for & confirm a free account on their website in order to download their models. MJC

Mark, Thanks. I was looking for the whole integrated footprint, and also the symbol. Luni's offering did the trick.
Doug (WF0K)

I've been trying to access the 128Mb Winbond SPI flash chip for a couple days now. Anyone have any luck? I've tried spiffs and little_fs following what is generally done for QSPI flash installed on the back of the teensy 4.1.

I've been trying to access the 128Mb Winbond SPI flash chip for a couple days now. Anyone have any luck? I've tried spiffs and little_fs following what is generally done for QSPI flash installed on the back of the teensy 4.1.

Sorry, I am not sure what your hardware setup you are trying to test?

Since you are asking on the MicroMod thread, I am assuming a Micromod.

Are you asking about the Flash chip that is on the MicroMod? This is used to store your programs in the same way as the flash chip on the top of the T4 or T4.1. Which is different than the optional flash you can solder on the bottom of a T4.1

However with the latest releases of Teensyduino you can store stuff in unused areas of this flash by using the: LittleFS_Program class.

Note: only recently with the latest release of Teensyduino which updates the loader to version 1.07. Before this release, you could use the LittleFS_Program, but the data would wiped clean the next time you programed your Teensy. With new version it will preserve most of this space not used by the program. More details int he release notes.

If however you are talking about an external winbond spi chip connected through SPI, which class you might use would depend on exactly which chip you are using.

There is a wrapper class LittleFS_SPI which contains one of each of the three different SPI type memories...

But again this would be normal SPI, not the Quad SPI that the T4.1 uses.

Yes, I'm talking aout the external winbond SPI flash, according to the eagle schematic it is connected to QSPI pins of the IMXRT1062. Winbond.PNG
LittleFS_QSPI then never prints anything after the first Serial print. Sparkfun has messed up some of the pinouts on these micromod boards, so I'm just seeing if anyone on this general thread has used the included external winbond flash with any success yet.

The IMXRT1062 has two QSPI busses,

One of the is used to hold your code and is programmed by the MKLZ chip. This QSPI buss is common to all of the T4.x, although each of them have
different capacity chips. 64MBits on T4.1 128Mbits on MMOD.

Sorry for my crude scribble off of a screen capture:
screenshot.jpg
That is the green part, which corresponds with the part of the schematic you showed.

However the T4.1 brought out the pins associated with the 2nd QSPI buss and that is the part I circled in RED. Only the T4.1 brought this out.

So again to get to the unused part of the MMOD QSPI flash you need to use the Littlefs_program class

I gotcha, the product page for the micromod indicated 16MB for flash for programs with reserve for EEPROM, so I assumed the 128 Mb was for use. As I'm typing this out, I'm realizing that 128Mb is 16MB. I apologize. I left all this in for my stupidity to a dumb aha moment. Thanks for the quick responses.

You can store files in the portion of flash memory which isn't used for your code and isn't reserved eeprom emulation. Most program weigh in well under 1 MByte, so typically the majority of that chip can be used for files.

But you need to use LittleFS_Program, not LittleFS_QSPI, because it's the flash memory used for storing your program.

LittleFS_QSPI only works on Teensy 4.1, and only if you solder an extra flash memory chip to the bottom side.

I gotcha, the product page for the micromod indicated 16MB for flash for programs with reserve for EEPROM, so I assumed the 128 Mb was for use. As I'm typing this out, I'm realizing that 128Mb is 16MB. I apologize. I left all this in for my stupidity to a dumb aha moment. Thanks for the quick responses.
Not a problem... Wish there was access for another Flash. But only so many things one can fit on a board that small

Has anyone tested Snooze on the MicroMod?

I'm using the version shipped with TD1.56 on a Mac.
Using the following sketch:
Code:
#include "Snooze.h"
#include "FlexCAN_T4.h"

#define canRx 30

FlexCAN_T4<CAN3, RX_SIZE_256, TX_SIZE_16> Can0;

SnoozeUSBSerial usb;
SnoozeDigital digital;// this is the pin wakeup driver
SnoozeBlock config_teensy(usb, digital);

void setup() {
    pinMode(13, OUTPUT);
    digitalWrite(13, HIGH);
    Can0.begin();
    Can0.setClock(CLK_60MHz);
    Can0.setBaudRate(500000);
    //Can0.enablInterrupt();
    Can0.onReceive(canSniff);
}

const int loopDelay1 = 5;
unsigned long timeNow1 = 0;
const long SleepTimer = 30000; // Time to go to sleep
unsigned long startTime = 0;

void loop() {
  if (millis() > startTime + SleepTimer)
  {
    hibernateTeensy();
  }
  else{
     if (millis() > timeNow1 + loopDelay1){
          timeNow1 = millis();
        }
    }
}

void hibernateTeensy(){
  Serial.println("...Time to Sleep....");
  digitalWrite(13, LOW);
  digital.pinMode(canRx, INPUT_PULLUP, RISING);

//Snooze.deepSleep( config_teensy ); 
  //Snooze.sleep( config_teensy );
  Snooze.hibernate(config_teensy);
  }

void canSniff (const CAN_message_t &msg){
   startTime = millis(); // Resets the go to sleep clock at the beginning of the loop
}

I flash it, it reboots and then I get 9 blinks on the program pin:
9 Blinks = ARM JTAG DAP Init Error
The ARM JTAG DAP was detected (4 blinks) but could not be initialized. This error is rather unlikely!

Not matter what combo of setup I use, I get the same behavior.

Ive used it on a T4.0 with no issues a few months ago. But something is seriously broken this time around.
And duff not being able to work on it, I might have a go at it myself?

Hi, I need help to clarify some pin functions of MicroMod Teensy board, In sparkfun web don't have much information about alternate functions of the pins and I found this table https://github.com/KurtE/TeensyDocuments/blob/master/Teensy4%20MicroMod%20Pins.pdf And I want to confirm if this table it's correct and can use some pins for the alternate funcion like other can bus ports, sparkfun say only have one can bus available and the table has 3 can ports, the serial ports sparkfun say 2 ports and the table has 7, also the PWM capable pins. And if this programed in arduino IDE.

And I want to confirm if this table it's correct and can use some pins for the alternate funcion like other can bus ports

Using that PDF info from @KurtE should be accurate and complete with regard to each pins and the alternate functions it can perform. If not report and it can be corrected.

Hi, I need help to clarify some pin functions of MicroMod Teensy board, In sparkfun web don't have much information about alternate functions of the pins and I found this table https://github.com/KurtE/TeensyDocuments/blob/master/Teensy4%20MicroMod%20Pins.pdf And I want to confirm if this table it's correct and can use some pins for the alternate funcion like other can bus ports, sparkfun say only have one can bus available and the table has 3 can ports, the serial ports sparkfun say 2 ports and the table has 7, also the PWM capable pins. And if this programed in arduino IDE.

Like defragster says, that PDF is accurate and I use it all the time.

Yes, the PDF seems accurate to me. Also, I can confirm that the MicroMod has all three CAN buses available and they do all work.

Back