MicroMod Beta Testing

@mjs513 - Good to know! Have not played with it for awhile now.

Me neither - got the parts sorted so figured I'd better change it before I forgot and knock one more thing off the list before getting distracted again with other projects :) Going to play with it a bit more later have some cleaning up to do first.

Forgot to mention: The Tindie camera: https://www.tindie.com/products/uctronics/hm01b0-qvga-spi-camera-module-for-rpi-pico/
It showed it was in stock for a day or so, so I ordered one Thursday, which was supposedly shipped yesterday.

The interesting thing with the shipping is, the item shows that it ships from USA, but: the USPS tracking number starts: SF60...
So far it says that they don't have any tracking information yet... Also I think SF is for international shipments?

Maybe I should have paid attention to the 1 review (1 star)
...Sellers pages states all orders will be shipped with tracking info yet shipped mine with out tracking claims to ship from the United but on the ticket I got something from Russia ...

I ordered mine direct from UCTRONICS but it ships from China not from the US. Think it should be here today if I am reading the tracking right. Did notice that the Tindie site is already out of stock again on the camera.

I didn't even notice the one review talking about shipping.

Good/Interesting the new regulator made an obvious sound change! No added Cap or anything else?

Last I tried running for a failure it ran 2.5 days without locking up or doing the power off restart sequence ??? The video display kept going odd color mapping - but restarting always came up normal for some time.

Good/Interesting the new regulator made an obvious sound change! No added Cap or anything else?

Last I tried running for a failure it ran 2.5 days without locking up or doing the power off restart sequence ??? The video display kept going odd color mapping - but restarting always came up normal for some time.

Using 1A MCP regulator just unsoldered the old one and solder on the new one. Wonder is the color mapping issue is related to power? Who know for sure.

Any of these look like a fitting replacement - not same brand: amazon.com/s?k=1A+MCP+regulator

Didn't scan thread for digikey part - it that 5V output or 3.3V? Some of each in the AMZN list - some NEXT DAY delivery. Seems it takes 5V to 3.3V right?
I can get FIFTY delivered tomorrow for $8 : 50 pcs AMS1117 3.3V 1A Voltage Regulator AMS1117-3.3V

Baby Eagle flew overhead today - pic from phone not T.MicroMod :)
BabyEagle2021.png
Missed the adult before it with translucent tail shining sun through - this one not 2 years old yet.

Any of these look like a fitting replacement - not same brand: amazon.com/s?k=1A+MCP+regulator

Didn't scan thread for digikey part - it that 5V output or 3.3V? Some of each in the AMZN list - some NEXT DAY delivery. Seems it takes 5V to 3.3V right?
I can get FIFTY delivered tomorrow for $8 : 50 pcs AMS1117 3.3V 1A Voltage Regulator AMS1117-3.3V

Baby Eagle flew overhead today - pic from phone not T.MicroMod :)
Missed the adult before it with translucent tail shining sun through - this one not 2 years old yet.

Eagles are rather majestic aren't they.

Anyway, the regulator is a 3.3v 1A regulator just don't know if the caps are sufficient - maybe Paul or Kurt can tell you. Not an EE here :)

Eagles are rather majestic aren't they.

Anyway, the regulator is a 3.3v 1A regulator just don't know if the caps are sufficient - maybe Paul or Kurt can tell you. Not an EE here :)
Eagles yep... We have several around here. Sometimes they are sitting up in trees near our Chicken coop. The Owls are fun to watch as well.

Me neither - I was a MS CS... And that was decades ago :0
But assuming they are something like: https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/texas-instruments/LMS8117AMP-3-3-NOPB/367476
Their datasheet shows:
screenshot.jpg

That is why I cheat on most of my boards and use a DC/DC converter which have all of the needed caps built in...

Ordered 50 of those with with Question about 'data sheet' answered :: "YES search AMS1117-3.3 with google or what ever search engine you use, LM117-33 from Texas Instruments " - $8 expected free delivery Tomorrow. If they work I can put a dozen in the next care package ...
> that Answer says it matches TI's LM113 - that is the part linked above ... wow for REAL parts that is $45+ worth ... hopefully these are legit functional VRegs.
> Assuming these are a drop in replacement for the supplied VReg with needed caps already in place, I only mentioned caps to make sure that wasn't part of the fix.

Eagles have been hyper active these recent weeks. Looking closely that eagle seems a yearling - they go white after 2 yrs and transition more in year 2. We only 'see' our owls at night with our ears.

Part of today I have screwed off, after getting a package of stuff from Sparkfun.

So I thought I would torture there VR using the QWIIC LED stick.

Appears to work:
screenshot.jpg

Also a SSD1327 128x128 QwIIC display which I tried on T4.1, did not try MMOD yet,

Hello, can I ask what the current status of Teensy Micromod is? Are we waiting for Sparkfun? Is it chip shortages?

Hello, can I ask what the current status of Teensy Micromod is? Are we waiting for Sparkfun? Is it chip shortages?

Currently we are waiting on Sparkfun to release the Teensy Micromod. My guess is that it will be sooner than later.

Happy to see the CAN connection is 30 and 31 (can3) which is CAN FD.

One more day to wait :)

They could really learn from PJRC's pinout cards. Even after looking at the SparkFun Hookup Guide table, it's not easy planning how I would use all the pins.

I have to say that I think the pricing is quite reasonable. Which creates positive feelings about contributing to the teensy ecosystem.

Back