Teensy 4.1 Breakout Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

soky157

Hello,
Could someone recommend a breakout board for the Teensy 4.1 please. I have taken a look at the GRBL. It seems to mostly be for CNC machines etc. I dont have a need for it.

soky157

What are you trying to do with the teensy? Do you need Ethernet or Host USB? Probably the easiest breakout is a solderless breadboard.

Teensy 4.1 breakout board

What are you trying to do with the teensy? Do you need Ethernet or Host USB? Probably the easiest breakout is a solderless breadboard.
\

Thank you, I was just trying to find a way similar to a breadboard for easier connections. The breadboard does seem to be adaquate.

soky157

There are solderable boards laid out in breadboard format that headers could be put onto to socket a T_4.1 if not soldered directly.

That would give 'generic' but solder reliable access to all pins.

Given all the pins are directly available on the T_4.1 through solder pins - AFAIK not seen (m)any generic 'breakout' boards for the T_4.1

Not sure how many pins and associated parts are needed but they are available in half and full size from AdaFruit, Sparkfun, or other and Amazon that would give solder access to all pins and open prototype space for mounted components.

There is this generic helpful looking 4"x4" PCB : protosupplies.com/product/mcu-proto-board-with-dc-input-pro-series/
> Not sure of the utility of the optional power supply section given the 3.3V power on the T_4.1 and it doesn't provide a power regulation part from whatever is plugged in.

I tend to use prototype boards quite a bit. Here are some that I like that I use for Teensy 4.1 (and 3.5/3.6). Note, they do not give access to the solder pads underneath the Teensy 4.1. Generally, I just solder the PSRAM and a flash chip to those pads. You also would not be able to access the USB host or ethernet pins in a prototype board, but you could use normal female headers to allow access to those pins.

Typically I solder a double row of 24 female headers each side that allow for random prototyping with jumper wires, and then use wires to break out specific pins like a serial port elsewhere in the board:

I typically solder stacking headers on the Teensy to allow mounting something like the audio board on top. Note if you use stacking headers, it will be problematical to get access to the ethernet pins. The inside pins for VIN, USB host, and and the pins before the SD card can get normal female headers. Except for the Sparkfun header set, you will need to trim the headers down to size:

Here are some non-stacking female headers (both straight and right angle). Typically you would need to cut these down to 24 pins:

Sparkfun does have one shield for the Teensy 4.1/3.5/3.6 to bring out the I2C pins to their Qwiic headers:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back