Using soft pot for analog input on teensy 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiershrimp

Not sure if this is possible, but I'm going to try it anyway.

So I have an Azeron game pad ( https://www.azeron.eu/ ) that uses a Teensy2++ as its brains. I love it, works great. Really I can't say enough good things about it.
But I'm trying to expand on its functionality by making a rail for it to run on and having a ThinPot soft-potentiometer run as an analog input. Should make the whole pad into a throttle for flight Sims and the like. Thing is, most of the 2++'s posts are already populated. Between that and Azeron needing to run its own code; I'm not sure if I can just piggy back ontop of it.

It looks like the only open area I have to play with are the 8 pins in the middle of the board (A0-A7). Are those even able to read the inputs I would be sending or do I need to bark up another tree? I can answer the code problem later.

I know I'm a little out of my comfort level on this project. I can do the modeling for the physical objects. I'm solid on soldering. And I have some coding experience and help. But no better way to learn then fail a couple times. Any suggestions or things I need to brush up on would be lovely.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back