Problem re-installing Teensyduino 1.53

Status
Not open for further replies.

swr999

Hello!

I am having a problem re-installing Teensyduino 1.53 on Arduino 1.8.13, Windows 7.

Here's the history: I have been developing Teensy 4.0 code in the above environent for 4-5 months without any problems. However, this morning my Arduino IDE got into a state where I could not close the Arduino IDE normally with the red [X] button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. I did a Ctrl-Alt-Delete and forced the Arduino IDE to shut down. But when I next invoked the IDE, again it again would not shut down normally using the [X] button.

I decided to re-install the Arduino IDE, thinking something must have broken inside the IDE. I downloaded and reinstalled Arduino 1.8.13. Starting the install it said there was an existing installation which needed to be uninstalled prior to the reinstall. I answered OK. The rest of the Arduino install went fine, and it responded normally to shutting down.

But now of course the new Arduino reinstall means I no longer had the Teensyduino add-on in the Arduino IDE. I went to the PJRC website and proceeded to download and reinstall Teensyduino 1.53. The reinstall started up and ran fine until I got to the "Press INSTALL" button, at which point I got an error message saying:

Unable to write file "hardware/tools/teensy_ports.exe"

I checked out the anti-virus potential problem page on PJRC, but that deals with Microsoft Defender. I am on Windows 7 which has Microsoft Security Essentials, so the Defender info may not apply?

Any ideas/suggestions on resolving this problem would be most appreciated.

Thanks All!
-Steve

Reboot your PC. Then run the Teensyduino 1.53 installer before you run the Arduino IDE.

Paul, Thank you so much for your response!!
Your solution resolved everything!

And thank you also for all the work you have put into the whole Teensy product line. It's a great line of products, as well as the linkage to the Arduino IDE and the Teensy libraries. Great stuff!

Cheers!
-Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back