Can't hear microphone in Audio Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

rforbes

Hi,

I'm working my way through the Audio Tutorial. Aside from some SD card issues, things have been working well--hardware test checks out, I can play music, samples, etc. However with the Microphone Test I hear nothing...the headphones are totally dead. I tried upping the mic gain to 63; still nothing.

I'm using the electret mic that comes with the PJRC Tutorial Kit. I've checked the mic polarity against the datasheet (+ to Mic pin, - to GND), and checked the continuity on my cable (I have it on a 3 foot cable instead of directly mounting to the Audio Board). I've looked at the pads where I soldered the headers in; they look good.

One thing that seems suspicious is that there is no voltage across the Mic/Gnd pins...aren't condenser mikes supposed to be biased?

Any troubleshooting suggestions? I suspect I must have omitted something obvious....

Rob
--------------------------------------------------------------------
The hardware:
Teensy 4.1
Audio Shield Rev D, on a 14-pin stacking header above the Teensy
PJRC Audio Tutorial Kit (wired by me)
Arduino 1.8.13
Teensyduino 1.53
-----------------------------------------------------------------
The sketch code:

void setup() {
Serial.begin(9600);
AudioMemory(8);
sgtl5000_1.enable();
sgtl5000_1.volume(0.5);
sgtl5000_1.inputSelect(AUDIO_INUT_MIC);
sgtl5000_1.micGain(32);
delay(1000);
}

void loop() {
// do nothing
}

...never mind, its working now. The tutorial doc shows the input object named "i2s2" so I had dragged an i2s2-type object instead of an i2s-object, oops.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back