teensy 4.x adc voltage divider

Status
Not open for further replies.

bm16ton

Im very new to a lot of things in this technical area and should start with apologizing for my ignorance, im sorry to waist peoples time with this noob stuff. I decided to build a simple multimeter to learn sum basics. Im now stuck trying to figure out the best way to reduce the voltage going to an adc. After hours of reading im even more confused. I know this forum has sum stuff on this and ive read it all. Seems like "most?" suggestions are to use a op-amp but the suggestions where for far smarter people who understand op-amps and dozens of datasheets later im lost. I also see fair amount people saying a simple resistor voltage divider is fine as long as the impedance is correct, and maybe better cuz its less things to fail. So ill ask the experts, Id be happy if I could read 30v in, im a very financially poor man wo even a credit card (dont worry bout me, im rich in other ways) so any outside the box suggestions are welcome. I have an opamp 741 its old so not holding much hope, and a dozen hi precision pots. If one was to use resistors/pots I know their is a capacitor that is effected and impedance values that need to be maintained. Is it safe and possible to use resistor voltage divider, if so what values should be use? If op-amps are only real option, then the only thing ive learned last couple days is im gonna need a specific model suggestion and a very "idiot proof" write up/documentation with all the various parts laid out and wiring simple to follow (so nervous of hurting my teensy, it was a gift that i cannot replace and love so much). Thank you everyone! I love reading this forum, love the community, and respect/jealous of all your skills and talents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back