Debugging teensy and serial terminal using VScode

You would need a debug probe like a JLink and the corresponding GDB server to make this work. Plus you need to modify the hardware of your Teensy to be able to connect this probe. You find some information and a link describing the required hardware changes here: https://github.com/luni64/VisualTeensy/releases/tag/v0.9.7.0.

It worked with both, PIO and VisualTeensy. I.e., you can step through code, look at the processor/peripheral registers, set breakpoints etc. However, I had the impression that I spent more time fighting against glitches in the debugger than doing actual debugging. At the end, I decided that, for me, it is not worth the hassle. Here a quick video showing how it behaves.

There is also a forum post showing how to use a flex PCB to offload the T4 bootloader chip on a flex PCB to be able to connect a debug probe. Looked professional but I don't know if it worked at the end of the day.

...and see outputs of Serial.print()?

I recommend to install the TyTools to upload & monitor. You can integrate it to VisualTeensy in the settings tab.

Screenshot 2021-04-14 141017.jpg

Thank you luni, the terminal works!, I have to click on Tycommander Serial button and also at the Serial label and appeared

Back