Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Teensy 4.1: Keyboard and mouse emulation at the same time

Teensy 4.1: Keyboard and mouse emulation at the same time

Hi,
    I need to emulate a pc keyboard and a mouse using the USB. In addition, I would like to drive the simulation using another port, possibly through ethernet and&or wifi. Is it possible?
    I see that keyboard or mouse could be emulated, I would like to know specifically:

1) Could it be done using a single Teensy 4.1?

2) I would like to send commands from a Raspberry/pc to drive the keyboard/mouse emulation, so I would need to do using another port (not the USB) but I would prefer using ethernet and not a serial port.

I could just use a couple of Nano, but I would need to add a couple of USB to Serial interfaces and drive them using a serial port, so why not use a Teensy?.

Thanks in advance.

Giuseppe Marullo
    IW2JWW - JN45RQ

Ok, bought/arrived the thing(4.1+Ethernet piggyback), following this:https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/1001891/A-U
    Any help still appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by xardomain View Post
    Hi,
    I need to emulate a pc keyboard and a mouse using the USB. In addition, I would like to drive the simulation using another port, possibly through ethernet and&or wifi. Is it possible?
    I see that keyboard or mouse could be emulated, I would like to know specifically:

1) Could it be done using a single Teensy 4.1?

2) I would like to send commands from a Raspberry/pc to drive the keyboard/mouse emulation, so I would need to do using another port (not the USB) but I would prefer using ethernet and not a serial port.

I could just use a couple of Nano, but I would need to add a couple of USB to Serial interfaces and drive them using a serial port, so why not use a Teensy?.

Thanks in advance.

Giuseppe Marullo
    IW2JWW - JN45RQ