Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: New MacOS breaks Teensyduino

New MacOS breaks Teensyduino

Hello! I've been searching these boards for 30 minutes for the answer to this (I'm sure it's fairly basic) but I've been running Arduino / Teensyduino successfully for a few years on my MacBook Pro with Mojave. I decided to upgrade to Catalina today (10.15.7) and my old sketches wouldn't open. Maybe it was a documents permissions issue but I decided a fresh install of Teensyduino couldn't hurt. Now when I open my sketches (even the most basic example Teensy sketches for USB.MIDI) they won't compile.

I'm sure it has to do with a missing library or something but I'm not sure what's where at this point. I can see all my sketches from before but I can't get them to compile (like it's not seeing the Teensy functions) because it throws an error on anything that's native to Teensy.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Maybe you're trying to use a copy of Teensyduino installer you previously downloaded?

Go to the Teensyduno download page. You'll see we have 2 downloads for MacOS.

https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_download.html

The older installer works from 10.7 to 10.14. The newer all-in-one package works from 10.10 to 11.x. Now that you've updated to 10.15, you can no longer use the old installer which only works up to 10.14.

Thanks Paul. I don't think I had an old installer but maybe I downloaded the wrong one from the page? I just re-downloaded and installed and that took care of it. Thanks for your time!