CANopen on top of FlexCAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

saeed

Hi,

I've successfully utilized "FlexCAN_T4" library to send and receive frames through CAN 2.0. I would like to know if there is a library or guide through implementing CANopen protocol layer on top of FlexCAN?

that depends on the library how flexible it is to CAN libraries. I don't use CANopen myself but if there's CANopen libraries that compile on teensy with previous flexcan libraries then I'm sure we can make it work with FlexCAN_T4

I have implemented a reduced set of CANopen, but enough to configure a couple of drives and run a motor using SDOs for config and PDOs to run. It took some work and really helps if you use a can sniffer like the Kvaser Leaf light (or you could program a teensy to do that if you're $ short and Time long) Only uses the standard 8 bytes of data for the SDOs and PDO, no extended packets. It's pretty specific to my higher level motor controller but the positional update is pretty generic to other systems. Using a slow update of 20ms but that could be easily improved. I ported a working implementation that was written around the Ti DSP F2812 can library.

if you have it running on FlexCAN_T4 it should be able to run on all T3.x and 4.x versions as well

Don't see why not, but it is on the 4.1 for me - loving the built in RJ45 Interface #NativeEthernet. I used the CopperHill implementation board as it has a display, the RJ45 and the bus transceiver all built in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back