Error when uploading code, and after that board is not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

zangpa

I have just experienced this strange thing with my Teensy 3.2. I tried to upload the code from the youtube-tutorial series Teensy-synth, and when trying to upload to board, it just turns of and i can not access it anymore from Teensyduino. But it can still connect to Teensy application, and if i press button on Teensy, ut suddenly shows up in Teensyduino as bootloader (not Teensy 3.2)
It happened to three out of four of my boards. I am doing a workshop this weekend in MIDI, so this is a disaster. Hope for some good advice on how to get these up and runing againg.
I have attached the code.
Please tell me what more info to provide, and i will do it asap
I am on a macbook 2020, 16", at Catalina.
Pål Asle

Attachments

• Teensy-Synth_Part_3.ino
    4.8 KB · Views: 40
After multiple attempts, both yesterday and today, i managed to reboot two of three Teensys, and then program them with Teensyduino. The last one still isn't working. I also forgot to mention in my desperate post from yesterday that i use the teensy audio shield.

I've had a usb hub "blacklist" a teensy for whatever reason. Required the hub to be power cycled before it'd let the teensy connect again. Definitely try rebooting the computer and power cycling any hubs (incl the one in your display, keyboard, etc).

With one of the 'working' T_3.2's - In the IDE do a "VERIFY" compile a simple Blink sketch with USB Type: USB.
Perhaps make sure setup() has some code like this to PRINT to SerMon opened to the connected Teensy port at hand
Code:
  while (!Serial) ;
  Serial.println("\n" __FILE__ " " __DATE__ " " __TIME__);

1 > Press the button on that Teensy and it should get the code and Blink.
1 a > if Blink sketch has Serial.print() : go to the IDE select the Teensy Port for that T_3.2, Open Serial Monitor
1 b > Look for output from the Teensy on SerMon
2 > remove that T_3.2 - from that good USB cable
3 > WHILE HOLDING THE BUTTON - plug in a remaining 'questionable' T_3.2, wait half a second, release the Button and then should also take that simple working Blink sketch
3 a > if Blink sketch has Serial.print() : go to the IDE select the Teensy Port for that T_3.2, Open Serial Monitor
3 b > Look for output from the Teensy on SerMon
4 > for any other T_3.2 of concern repeat from step 2

Hi, thanks very much for the reply both of you. Looks like it was actually something as simple as the USB hub providing a very unstable connection. Really strange since i am never required to power it for such small loads as a microcontroller.
This really saved my workshop this weekend! Thanks again!
Pål Asle

Glad it turned out to be just a bad hub.

One of the hubs I have on my workbench feels like they skimped on the power supply or capacitors. It usually works but sometimes when plugging in a board with more circuitry the whole hub will stop communicating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back