Teensy 4.1 USB Host Bluetooth Dongle Serial Ports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

btspp

Is it possible to use serial ports on a Bluetooth dongle connected to the USB Host?

Does anyone know if USBHost_t36 supports SPP?

Edit: Apologies if this is the wrong forum to post it. I found the BT USB Host thread and also posted there.

Are there any guides for communicating over Bluetooth serial ports with a PC? Windows has COM Ports in Bluetooth Settings and I have a USB Bluetooth dongle connected to a Teensy 4.1. Would I have to implement SPP in bluetooth.cpp?

To use Bluetooth serial ports between two Windows PCs:
- Go to Bluetooth Settings
- Add an Incoming COM port on computer A
- Connect to the Incoming COM port with putty on computer A (required to start the serial port service)
- Add an Outgoing COM port on the other computer B
- Browse for computer A and select COM port
- Connect to the Outgoing COM port with putty on computer B

I think the simple answer is I don't believe we have implemented SPP...

Could it be implemented. Probably, but I have not looked into it.

USB Host Shield 2.0 has source for Bluetooth SPP. Are there any relations to USBHost_t36?

This comment suggests USB Host Library version 3.0 will work with Teensy 4.1.

No relationship. The USB Host Shield 2 uses an external piece of hardware to do USB stuff.. Again I don't know what you mean it will work with Teensy 4.1. That is you can hook up their hardware to a T4.1 and use their library and it will work. Or if you mean they will have a version of their library that will use the builtin USB second port of the T4.1? (I assume if that is the case, likewise T4....)

Again yes the SPP stuff should be able to be implemented, just no one has taken the time to do so.

Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back