USB Serial + USB Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

sagiii

Hi,

I'm new to Teensy, and having 3.2 and 4.1 in my hand.
I'd like to design a device based on Teensy which has capabilities of serial communication along with audio both via USB connection from Raspberry Pi.

I first tried USB Type "Audio", and recognized Teensyduino enables serial communication.
After that I checked my /dev/tty.* (my development env. is OS X), couldn't find corresponding device file, so I guessed that this serial communication is realized via USB HID feature, not CDC.

I came up of two ways to solve the problem:
A: Create new composite device of USB Serial and USB Audio. Reference could be this detailed post that illustrates how to make a new USB device with Teensy.
B: Implement HID serial client for Raspberry Pi (maybe this is not so difficult using high level libusb wrapper like pyusb).

My questions are,
- Is my understading correct?
- Is there any know solution here?

Best regards,
Takashi

Hi Takashi, I think I may be misunderstanding your question, but it sounds like you simply want both Serial and Audio over Teensy USB? Have you tried setting the USB type to "Serial + MIDI + Audio"? I know you don't need the MIDI but it won't hurt anything having it enabled. There is no "Serial + Audio" option at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back