TFT / ePaper

frohr

Hello,
I want to use for my project display 7-10". Touch display is not necessary. Exist any for Teensy 4.0? Would you recommend me any?
It will be for real time plotting charts.
Thanks a lot!

Hello,
I want to use for my project display 7-10". Touch display is not necessary. Exist any for Teensy 4.0? Would you recommend me any?
It will be for real time plotting charts.
Thanks a lot!

I have been very pleased with the <ER-TFTM070-5> 7" TFT display from buydisplay.com. Support for the RA8875 controller chip is available by default after installing TeensyDuino.

Select the following options from their webpage:

Interface: Pin Header Connection-4-Wire SPI
Power Supply: 5VDC (you can always change a solder jumper if you decide to power it from 3.3VDC)
Touch Panel: No Touch Panel (although I would recommend that you select 7" Capacitive Touch Panel with Controller - in case you change your mind in the future about using it)
MicroSD Card interface: Pin Header Connection (although this interface is not really able to be used - you're far better off using any other microSD device/slot)
Font Chip: (I did not choose to include this)

I bought several at one time to lessen the pain of the shipping cost. Arrival from China was around one week.

Good luck & have fun !!

Mark J Culross
KD5RXT

I have been very pleased with the <ER-TFTM070-5> 7" TFT display from buydisplay.com. Support for the RA8875 controller chip is available by default after installing TeensyDuino.

Select the following options from their webpage:

Interface: Pin Header Connection-4-Wire SPI
Power Supply: 5VDC (you can always change a solder jumper if you decide to power it from 3.3VDC)
Touch Panel: No Touch Panel (although I would recommend that you select 7" Capacitive Touch Panel with Controller - in case you change your mind in the future about using it)
MicroSD Card interface: Pin Header Connection (although this interface is not really able to be used - you're far better off using any other microSD device/slot)
Font Chip: (I did not choose to include this)

I bought several at one time to lessen the pain of the shipping cost. Arrival from China was around one week.

Good luck & have fun !!

Mark J Culross
KD5RXT

Hi Mark,
thank you, it looks great. Could you help me with wiring and show me example of code?
Thnks

Michal

Hi Mark,
thank you, it looks great. Could you help me with wiring and show me example of code?
Thnks

Michal

Michal:

Here's a <link> to some discussion which includes my pin connections & a simple test sketch (do not be scared by the fact that I was seeking assistance - I fixed my problem by making sure that signals on opposite sides of the PCB did not run parallel, reducing signal cross-talk as much as possible, by maximizing the ground plane on both sides of the PCB, & by adding decoupling caps around the major components). For testing, you can also run the example sketches that are included by TeensyDuino for the RA8875 (from the Arduino IDE, select: File -> Examples -> RA8875 -> _Teensy3).

Feel free to ask any other questions.

Mark J Culross
KD5RXT

Michal:

Here's a <link> to some discussion which includes my pin connections & a simple test sketch (do not be scared by the fact that I was seeking assistance - I fixed my problem by making sure that signals on opposite sides of the PCB did not run parallel, reducing signal cross-talk as much as possible, by maximizing the ground plane on both sides of the PCB, & by adding decoupling caps around the major components). For testing, you can also run the example sketches that are included by TeensyDuino for the RA8875 (from the Arduino IDE, select: File -> Examples -> RA8875 -> _Teensy3).

Feel free to ask any other questions.

Mark J Culross
KD5RXT

Dear Mark,
what is the minimum wiring? (no touch, no SD, ...) Is it similar like for TFT? https://www.pjrc.com/store/display_ili9341_touch.html

Thanks a lot

Michal

@frohr (Michal):

I believe that the following would be the minimum required: RA8875_CS, RA8875_RESET, RA8875_MOSI, RA8875_SCLK, Power & Ground.

Mark J Culross
KD5RXT

Hey,
I found this connection in example:

Code:
#include <SPI.h>
#include <RA8875.h>

/*
Teensy3.x
You are using 4 wire SPI here, so:
 MOSI:  11
 MISO:  12
 SCK:   13
 */
#define RA8875_CS 10 //any digital pin
#define RA8875_RESET 9//any pin, if you wnat to disable just set at 255 or not use at all

RA8875 tft = RA8875(RA8875_CS,RA8875_RESET);//Teensy

NAME - TEENSY PIN - DISPLAY PIN
CS - 10 - 7
RESET - 9 - 11
MOSI - 11 - ???
MISO - 12 - ???
SCLK - 13 - 8
POWER - 3,3V - 3
GND - GND - 1

Is it correct for Teensy 4.0?
I do not know pins MISO and MOSI on display. In datasheet is no MOSI or MISO name.

https://www.buydisplay.com/download/manual/ER-TFTM070-5_Datasheet.pdf

Thanks for help.
Michal

I found solution here and works well.

https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/28674-7-inch-TFT-Capacitive-Touch-Application-Help-Needed/page2

Schematic Teensy 3.1 &.JPG

Back