Raw HID Communication between USB Host Device and Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronVB

Hi everyone,

I'd like to connect a USB device to the Teensy 3.6's USB Host Port, edit the raw "USB-Packages" with code and then pass them through to the Computer.
For Example: I connect a Mouse to the Teensy but want the Mouse to show up as a different Vender/Device ID on my Computer.

I looked into the Raw HID Stuff on the PJRC Website but don't fully understand how i could make this work. Is this even Possible?
I found out i can read Data using RawHID.recv(); and send Data with RawHID.send(); but i don't understand how i'd read from the USB-Host-Side, not from the PC-Side.

Sorry I am not sure if it will work or not for your case.

The main Raw Hid stuff handles receiving packets of 64 bytes, and hands them off to your sketch to do something with them or not... Likewise you can tell it to send out 64 byte packets.

You can can of course also have a Mouse object, to receive the mouse data, and then send it back out... Again not sure of your full setup, like will it be setup for USB Type that includes Mouse? And then after you receive the mouse data over the host port you can simply forward it and/or massage it...

Sorry I know this is not completely definitive.

Kurt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back