Solar power batterycharging/Snooze/Running A Teensy for a year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't seem to be able to find many references to solar power on here... which makes me worried that my bright idea is completely unfeasible....

What I would like to achieve is to leave a teensy and battery somewhere, and have it sleep all day, before waking up and recording 1 second of audio at the same time each day.

I found this library which looks like it will be very useful in achieving this:

https://github.com/WMXZ-EU/microSoundRecorder

and this to save power when it's not recording...

https://github.com/duff2013/Snooze

I am unsure if building a solar battery is ever really going to be enough to keep this running. I'll do the maths once I get started of course....
so just thought I'd ask if anyone's ever managed this sort of thing, or has any advice where to start?

I'm in the UK, so part of the year is not great for sunshine... I guess I would also be able to change the battery every so often, but the less I need to remember to do this the better really as would allow the location to be a bit more interesting!

Below are some U-Tube videos from Andreas Spiess dealing with Solar Power for Small Applications. They date from June 1917 right up to this month (May 2021).
The amount of energy will depend upon your current draw and duration. SD Cards consume a lot of current. I would suggest investigating alternative lower power hungry storage.

Solar Power for the ESP8266, Arduino, etc.
The 5 Best Solar ChargerBoards for Arduino and ESP8266
Cheap and simple Solar Power for our small Projects (ESP32, ESP8266, Arduino)
Solar Charger for Microcontrollers
Energy Harvesting for Makers

Below are some U-Tube videos from Andreas Spiess dealing with Solar Power for Small Applications. They date from June 1917 right up to this month (May 2021).
The amount of energy will depend upon your current draw and duration. SD Cards consume a lot of current. I would suggest investigating alternative lower power hungry storage.

Solar Power for the ESP8266, Arduino, etc.
The 5 Best Solar ChargerBoards for Arduino and ESP8266
Solar Charger for Microcontrollers
Energy Harvesting for Makers

thank you so much, that is super helpful (I probably should have googled a bit harder!) and thank you for the SD card tip, I will work something else out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back