Teensy 4.1 + Audio shield + USB host cable at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypercubed

Hello
I am going to order a Teensy 4.1, the audio shield, and a USB breakout cable from Adafruit
I'm just wondering how I can have all 3 of them attached to each other.
If I put the audio shield on top of the teensy, the USB host pins get physically blocked. On the other hand, if I put the Teensy on top of the audio shield, the USB host pins are usable, but the pins outside of the audio shield will be just dangling in the air.
What would be the best way to put all 3 of them together?

In my non-PCB projects, I solder 48 pins to the bottom of the Teensy 4.1, & mating sockets to the top of the Audio Shield. The Audio Shield is installed onto the bottom of the T4.1. I also solder the USB host pins (to mate with the PJRC USBhost cable) to the top of the Teensy 4.1, so the USBhost cable connects to the top of the T4.1. This arrangement was primarily selected to allow easy access to the Teensy programming button.

Hope that helps . . .

Mark J Culross
KD5RXT

Hello
I am going to order a Teensy 4.1, the audio shield, and a USB breakout cable from Adafruit
I'm just wondering how I can have all 3 of them attached to each other.
If I put the audio shield on top of the teensy, the USB host pins get physically blocked. On the other hand, if I put the Teensy on top of the audio shield, the USB host pins are usable, but the pins outside of the audio shield will be just dangling in the air.

Now try adding a video board to that mix! it's a nightmare lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back