Help with Debugging playFlashRaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dionysus

Ugh, I had a mostly completed project, and I handed it over to an artist friend to do the case (which came out beautifully, by the way). I got it back, tested it, and everything worked great. Then I yanked a couple wires too hard, took everything apart, put it back together, and snapped my SD card in half. ): So everything *should* be working, but it isn't, and I'm having trouble debugging it.

This is a Teensy 4.0 with a Audio adapter. I've soldered a flash memory chip to the adapter. When the program loads, it goes through the directory on the SD card to check if there is a file of the same name and length on the memory chip, and copies it over if not.

After that, it uses playFlashRaw to play the file. However, although I can hear a very tiny buzz when the file should be playing, I'm not getting any audio.

I know the most common gotcha is that the files have to be the right type. I'm testing this with a wave file that I opened in Audacity, set to mono, set to 11025 Hz, and exported as a raw signed 16-bit file. That should be correct, right? I also double-checked that the file name is under 7 characters and in all caps.

This is a pretty complicated box I made, with a lot of moving parts to go wrong. But since it was *just working* last week, I feel pretty confident that, for the most part, everything is still operating correctly. My console messages tell me that it is successfully detecting when I add a new file, and when I haven't, so it must be copying it to the memory chip correctly. I ran the tone sweep example, and I could hear that from the correct audio output, so it can make noises correctly. I'm in despair and confusion.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions about how to debug this. It's so close to being gloriously finished!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back