3.3V Power regulation/noise differences between Teensy 3.2 and LC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatheround

Hey everyone,
So I have a project that I developed on the 3.2 and want to move over to the LC. I use the 3.3V output pin on the Teensy for a few other things, and I'm just wondering what difference I should expect here going from the 3.2 to the LC?

The pinout card shows that the LC is 100mA vs 250mA on the 3.2, which is fine. But I'm more curious about any noise and regulation specs (drifting over time, temperature). I see the 3.2 uses an external regulator IC and I found the datasheet for that, but cannot find figures related to the LC to make any direct comparisons to see if I'm making a mountain out of a molehill here.

Hey everyone,
So I have a project that I developed on the 3.2 and want to move over to the LC. I use the 3.3V output pin on the Teensy for a few other things, and I'm just wondering what difference I should expect here going from the 3.2 to the LC?

The pinout card shows that the LC is 100mA vs 250mA on the 3.2, which is fine. But I'm more curious about any noise and regulation specs (drifting over time, temperature). I see the 3.2 uses an external regulator IC and I found the datasheet for that, but cannot find figures related to the LC to make any direct comparisons to see if I'm making a mountain out of a molehill here.

I figured the best way to figure this out would be to actually measure some Teensy LC's 3.3V rail. Here's the measurements for 30 LC's

Teensy LC Voltages Chart.png

I know some sort of distribution curve would be better here, but I don't know how to make one in librecalc. The noise level seemed to be about 5mVpp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back