shorting pins between teensies

Status
Not open for further replies.

kteepa

I'm reading a proximity sensor on a Teensy 3.2 and having that Teensy 3.2 output a scaled value through its analog output to an analog input on a Teensy 4.1. I have both teensies plugged into the same laptop, and I have connected GND on T3.2 to GND on T4.1.

1) Do I need to put some sort of resistor between the analog output pin of T32 and the analog input pin of T41? I guess I'm just wondering if what I'm basically doing is shorting the pins if analogWrite goes to a max value and going to end up with fried pins on both boards if I don't have some sort of resistor between them. If so, what resistor should I use?

2) would it be better to connect AGND (instead of GND) on Teensy 3.2 to GND on Teensy 4.1?

Thanks

Analog inputs have extremely high impedance and draw negligible current, so a resistor is not needed.

However if there is ever a chance that one of the two processors is not powered up, or not properly initialized, then you do need some sort of protection on inputs. A 10K series resistor usually suffices.

Analog inputs have extremely high impedance and draw negligible current, so a resistor is not needed.

However if there is ever a chance that one of the two processors is not powered up, or not properly initialized, then you do need some sort of protection on inputs. A 10K series resistor usually suffices.

Do you think you could clarify what you mean by not properly initialized? Could you provide an example please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back