Teensy 4.1 problems after cutting trace between Vin and Vusb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larason2

Hello all, I’m new to the world of Teensy after having spent a lot of time working on Arduino’s. A friend of mine sent me a board that uses Teensy 4.1 to coordinate the combination action on a digital organ. In order to protect the computer’s USB connection, however, I was instructed to cut the small trace between the Vin and Vusb pads. I cut it, but I think I cut too deep and damaged another internal trace, because the teensy refused to boot up after that, even when supplying the Vin with appropriate 5v power. However, when I applied a small blob of solder to the pads, Teensy booted up normally, and I was able to upload a program. In the meanwhile, I am planning on cutting the red wire from a USB cable so I can at least get it working, however I would like to solder a jumper so that I can use normal USB cables in the future. Would anybody be able to tell me where I should solder the jumper from and to? I know where to solder a jumper on a teensy 3.2, but the board layout is quite different on the 4.1. Thanks!

Unless I am mistaken the board layout does not match the 4.1 schematic. When the trace between the rectangular pads is cut the Power In pin is isolated from the power regulator rather than USB power. BTW I'm working remotely on this as I designed the boards Larason2 is working with. I suppose the easiest workaround will be to leave the Teensy 4.1 powered via USB all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back