Opening a Disco bar with LED installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

teensyloverggg

Hi guys, here we go again: putting myself in something too huge to handle...

I have to drive 8000 led on the frontside of my new bar. I decided to make everything symmetric, hence the led to drive really are 4000.

I want to make an interface to control them. The installation must have two modes: single color dimmerable and preset animations.

Led strips: ws2815 12v 100 led/m
Teeensy 4.1

Installation:
every 2 meters the leds are powered by a 60w psu.
everything is controlled by a teensy ( or two ), with the octo library. The led strip is splitted to control them in parallel (8 channels). The strips far away from the teensy are linked by a cat6 cable.

I think I will do a web interface with a raspberry pi ('cause I've got a plenty of them).

1 - Do you know a tutorial on how make a comunication channel between the teensy and the rasp?

2 - I want to create animations for specific songs, I was trying mad mapper. But how can I sync the start of the song with the start of the animation on the strip?

If you think I'm a bit confused, well you are right but I'm here to learn and possibly to not waste time and money

Hi!
I´m a beginner but I built a megatree with WS2815 stripes.
Your project sounds to me like the (my) used constellation.
Teensy 4.1
Hardware similar to octo
Raspberry Pi4
Falcon Player (FPP)
Xlights

If this are the infos you are searched for and you like it may I can guid you a little bit.

You can see my project here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDTpSMpjuus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCqpqBUwZH8

1 - Do you know a tutorial on how make a comunication channel between the teensy and the rasp?
Hardware configuration created at Xlights and downloaded to FPP Software at the Rasp.

2 - I want to create animations for specific songs, I was trying mad mapper. But how can I sync the start of the song with the start of the animation on the strip?
Animation, Video, pictures with or without sound creat in Xlights and download it to FPP. Different trigger modes to start this sequenz at the Rasp. The sound will be played from the Rasp Soundcard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back