Teensy Audio Tutorial Assembly

trobart

I purchased all of the parts required for the audio tutorial https://www.pjrc.com/store/audio_tutorial_kit.html since they are not available assembled and I was wondering if there was any info or a guide to putting them together. I am a complete newbie with this stuff but I'm excited about learning about it. Any help with what I need to solder or if I need to solder and all that kind of info would be greatly appreciated.

Indeed the assembled kit is out of stock : pjrc.com/store/audio_tutorial_kit.html

The DIY Parts kit does come with a printed copy of this AFAIK :: audio_tutorial_breadboard_setup.pdf
Using a breadboard as shown the buttons press in - but the POTs need to be soldered to the small PCB as shown.

The Teensy needs the proper Audio board for the Teensy in use a T_3.2 uses the Rev. C Audio board (Rev B is a usable older board for T_3.2).

Those are best assembled with solder using the double level pins or the pin and socket combo shown here : pjrc.com/store/teensy3_audio.html

Looking at this AudioWorkshop2015/raw/master/workshop.pdf will show some other views in places of proper assembly.

Do a dry fit when all the pieces are at hand and confirm it looks right then begin to solder as needed, usually for these assembly steps placing the pins into the breadboard to assure proper alignment for stable soldering will work out well.

Indeed the assembled kit is out of stock : pjrc.com/store/audio_tutorial_kit.html

The DIY Parts kit does come with a printed copy of this AFAIK :: audio_tutorial_breadboard_setup.pdf
Using a breadboard as shown the buttons press in - but the POTs need to be soldered to the small PCB as shown.

The Teensy needs the proper Audio board for the Teensy in use a T_3.2 uses the Rev. C Audio board (Rev B is a usable older board for T_3.2).

Those are best assembled with solder using the double level pins or the pin and socket combo shown here : pjrc.com/store/teensy3_audio.html

Looking at this AudioWorkshop2015/raw/master/workshop.pdf will show some other views in places of proper assembly.

Do a dry fit when all the pieces are at hand and confirm it looks right then begin to solder as needed, usually for these assembly steps placing the pins into the breadboard to assure proper alignment for stable soldering will work out well.

Thanks! This is a great help!

Thanks! This is a great help!

Cool - hopefully that is all you need for a good assembly. Soldering the Teensy and Audio together is the critical part. Seems there was a good picture once of what that looked like but I don't see it - post if something isn't clear.

Back