WIZ820io and Teensy 3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessr95

Hi everyone,

I'm just getting started with using an Ethernet module and a Teensy 3.5 together. My end goal is to upload a .csv file stored on the SD card to a google drive.. but I'm nowhere near yet!

I've got the WIZ820io module wired up to my Teensy 3.5 and I'm certain that's wired correctly, I have the Ethernet cable running from the port on my laptop to the module.
Whenever I run any of the Ethernet examples I always get 'Ethernet shield was not found'.
How do I find the correct IP address of the module? Is it the same as my laptop?
I know the MAC address can effectively be anything, so I've just left that as in the example. I've also tried adding in the code to pulse the reset pin on the module, still nothing changes.

Can anyone help please?

Thank you!

Are you initializing the EthernetClient with an IP address that's on the correct subnet for use with your laptop?

I'm just using the WebServer example for now which just asks for 1 IP address, and I've used my laptops IP address but I'm not sure if that's correct.

I don't know if that's the only issue, but setting the IP address to be the same as the laptop will cause problems if I remember correctly. In general, the first three octets should be the same as the IP address of your laptop (specifically of the ethernet subnet, which you can find listed with ipconfig/ifconfig), while the 4th octet should be a different number.

Using the mac and IP address from the ethernet part of the ipconfig fixed this issue, I'm now getting past that first error.
Thank you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back