Absolute Max. Power Consumption of Teensy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sangram

Hi all,

I was not able to find the Absolute Max. Power Consumption of a Teensy when power through VIN/VUSB or 3V3.

Which Teensy ...

Have not seen that either, just general consumption table at various clock speeds on some/all Teensy units just idling

Beyond that lots of variables : What is the sketch doing? Hardware: ethernet, usb_Host, QSPI RAM or FLASH, SD active and what card, how many pins driving how much current :: just Enabled or in Active use ?

I am currently using teensy 3.2 and 3.6, but it would be nice to find out the same for 4.0 and 4.1 as well!

I am powering both the teensy's on board with a 5V, 3W DC power supply. However I also have a lot of other ICs and components on the same bus. Since there is no Absolute Max Current Rating available, I am facing difficulties coming up with a set of power requirements for my board.
If I have the Absolute Max Rating, the sketch wouldn't matter.

The T_LC has a Max 100 mA rating on 3.3V - the others 3.x and 4.x show that as 250 mA. But that is just the limit of spec range conversion from rated VIN on each board.

That doesn't assure it can't use more given the 'variables' in assembly and use with all features active.

Other than that as noted - and expected/found to be generally sufficient with what can be handled for heat dissipation on the Teensy PCB given provided 5V USB power - there is somewhere a user table of observed minimal or base power used by each Teensy.

a search found @manitou48 does some analysis like : github.com/manitou48/DUEZoo/blob/master/netpower/t41ether.png

For general baseline there is this : github.com/manitou48/DUEZoo/blob/master/power.txt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back