AdaFruit Audio Library doesn't support Metro M4 Airlift?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jluros

I'm trying to get the Adafruit audio library working with my Metro M4 Express Airlift Lite. In two examples I've tried, WavFilePlayer and sketch_jun13a, I'm getting the same error:

Code:
Audio_-_Adafruit_Fork/input_adcs.cpp:161:2: error: #error The Adafruit audio library is compatible with M4 parts only
  161 | #error The Adafruit audio library is compatible with M4 parts only

Beginning on Line 122 in input_adcs.cpp, the compiler goes through if/elif/else statements to detect the board variant (_VARIANT_ITSYBITSY_M4_, _VARIANT_FEATHER_M4_, etc.), and gets to the end without matching any of the supported boards.

I think the board variant for the Metro M4 Express Airlift Lite is "ADAFRUIT_METRO_M4_AIRLIFT_LITE", but the compiler obviously doesn't think that _VARIANT_METRO_M4 on line 138-143 is true, otherwise the following would be called and the error "The Adafruit audio library is compatible with M4 parts only" on line 161 wouldn't get triggered:

Code:
#elif defined(_VARIANT_METRO_M4_)
   switch (pin1)
   {
      case PIN_A4: ADC1Channel = ADC_Channel0; break;
      case PIN_A5: ADC1Channel = ADC_Channel1; break;
   }

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I did, but also posted here in case someone might have dealt with the same or a similar issue. Sorry, I’m pretty new to the Arduino world, but have built up a few Raspberry Pi kits, and have some experience with electronics and soldering.

I did, but also posted here in case someone might have dealt with the same or a similar issue. Sorry, I’m pretty new to the Arduino world, but have built up a few Raspberry Pi kits, and have some experience with electronics and soldering.

Have had similar (non)response on their forum - it is nothing like the focus and attention here. Too many variants of hardware ( and software split : Arduino and python ) and in this case they ported the PJRC Audio library on some devices..

I think the board variant for the Metro M4 Express Airlift Lite is "ADAFRUIT_METRO_M4_AIRLIFT_LITE", but the compiler obviously doesn't think that _VARIANT_METRO_M4 on line 138-143 is true,
Then force the _VARIANT_METRO_M4 to be defined in the compiler preferences for that board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back