Another PSRAM option - Lyontek LY68L6400S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul liked the sync() idea - that is probably needed on any FLASH using data_cache as well, or pending changes would be lost on Power Loss on what should be 'permanent' media?

I'll go back to doing a PR with your confirmation that it is at least sane and seemingly safe and complete.

This will require any 'Warm Start' user on RAM2 or PSRAM Media to do some format if they expect to start with a fresh drive on any entry to setup() - but that is easier to explain than 'Lost Data' because they found a bug and edited code to new code, or touched the Button, or had a code Fault after some hours or days of trusting the data to be there.

Looking at the .ld files I don't see any easy way to avoid using this hardcoded value to skip RAM1 flush? :: if ( c->context >= (void *)0x20200000 ) {
> Not sure this is a usable 'named item' :: RAM (rwx): ORIGIN = 0x20200000
Agreed go for it - Also ordered myself some of those chips to test as well. Don't think you are going to be able to change the .ld.

Not looking to change the .ld - just checking if it had a named element that was usable - and not seeing it.

Github is a royal PIA - takes about as long to manipulate it for a PR as to make the code change .... just about to complete that entering comments now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back