Cannot reach teensy 4.1 via Com Port after large memory sketch

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmie

I have a sketch that has some large arrays. The size of those arrays is dependent on an integer variable that is specified at the beginning of the sketch..

The sketch has been compiling and working well. I made a mistake and increased the size of that integer value. The program did not compile citing not enough memory. I reduced the integer value and recompiled. This time, the program compiled and was uploaded to the Teensy 4.1. Arduino 1.8.9 indicated the program consumed 98% of memory.

Now, I can no longer reach the board as it is not taking a com port from the computer. I powered the computer off then tried again but the board never gets a com port.

Is the board bricked? How can I fix this problem?

Thanks in advance for the community's help.

Probably not bricked.

Press the program Button and the RED LED should come on leaving it ready for bootloader to upload a new working sketch.

Next step - if that fails - would be unplugging the board - then while holding the Button plug it back in - wait a second and release the button.

That will keep the sketch from running bad code - but make it ready for bootloader to upload a new working sketch.

If that fails then there is the 15 second Restore:
> press and release the Button - that should show the RED LED
> Then press and hold the Button for an expected 15 seconds
> Release the Button when the RED LED flashes.
> The RED LED should then stay on until the T_4.1 FLASH is cleared and factory blink is Restored when it will start a one second blink
>> Then it will be ready to upload a sketch - perhaps requiring a Button press.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back