Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Teensy Audio 4.0 w/ Audio Adapter - Enabling Audio Shield Freezes

Teensy Audio 4.0 w/ Audio Adapter - Enabling Audio Shield Freezes

I am trying to run this code: https://github.com/makingsoundmachin...veSynth_Teensy

It compiles without any issues but with some print debugging the code stops executing once we call audioShield.enable()

Weirdly enough, the code will continue to execute if I reduce AudioMemory below 10 (but the oscillators sound extremely glitchy and artifacted)

Any ideas on how to debug this further or why this is happening?

Have you asked the author?

I have but no response yet.

Quote Originally Posted by etcetc View Post
    I am trying to run this code: https://github.com/makingsoundmachin...veSynth_Teensy

It compiles without any issues but with some print debugging the code stops executing once we call audioShield.enable()
    Does the code stop without the print debugging? Where did you put the debugging?

Weirdly enough, the code will continue to execute if I reduce AudioMemory below 10 (but the oscillators sound extremely glitchy and artifacted)
    With no memory or too little memory the code will run but see the result of allocate() return NULL. This is usually bad news
    as it will lose data (as you can hear), but correct Audio library objects shouldn't crash when this happens as this condition should always be
    checked for.
    Any ideas on how to debug this further or why this is happening?
    There's a bug, probably a crash due to a NULL pointer.

I had a quick look at that repo and the faustAdditive class doesn't check for NULL blocks coming in
    from receiveReadOnly() - it should, as before AudioMemory is called there are audio intterupts flying
    around and no blocks will be allocated.