Rdm dmx

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s possible to do complete implementations of RDM with TeensyDMX as well (by writing your own `Responder` implementation), but I haven’t released any examples. I do that more in the commercial end of things. There’s other free libraries out there that other people have mentioned; I just wanted to add that it is possible.

I read somewhere (link lost in 1Gb bookmarks) that RDM is difficult if not impossible on the Teensy hardware due to the timing required to send RDM in the space/time after dmx512 main message. You need to receive and send on the same port, sending within the proper time slot of the protocol.
That, and running out of time b4 jumping into a production gig, put a stop to my DMX explorations.

Seeing the FlexIO announced under Teensyduino 1.54, i wonder if there are hooks now to do the proper magic.

(Gig was installing led neon for vapid reality tv show. got to work with 24v leds, long runs etc. Paid well, but hard work under Hawaii sun.)

I have working RDM code, both controller and responder, on a Teensy (3 and 4). :)

The Responder class (in TeensyDMX) takes care of setting the timings for you, if you look at that header. (But writing an RDM responder isn’t trivial.)

I’d love to hear more about your Hawaii tasks sometime. (Feel free to msg me.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back