Teensy 4.1 USB to USB protocol

AntiLoop

Hi, everyone,
I'm searching everywhere, the reason why my teensy 4.1 or 3.6 can't control directly an external synth like korg kronos.
I succeed with plugin teensy in a computer and see the driver in midi ox,seeing controls are ok,but that's not my goal to
use a computer between teensy and kronos.
Kronos is only MIDI USB input and output,so i believed it's behaviour was like like a PC and react with teensy as input,the fact is that
i need a computer and midi ox between them to make kronos react with teensy.
There is no problem with plugin nanoKontrol in kronos,but you can only send CC controls,not sysex or real time commands.
Anyone experienced with that?

Greetings...:cool:

You can use the T4.1 (or T3.6) as a USB Host. It requires that you solder a header to the board and use a USB host cable as shown here.
I use it to connect an M-Audio 61es MIDI keyboard directly to the T4.1.

Pete

Thank You very much for your quick answers,and it works indeed !!;)
I never suspected midi host worked for sending output controls,but it does,and i can send now,real time commands like MMC
and send complex sysex,so i can control a lot of my kronos.

But one thing i could not make working is dealing with two machines plugged on the same USB HUB,is it possible to have
a nanoKontrol that send commands to teensy,and at the same time teensy wrap these commands and send it in dedicated
controls to kronos?

Greetings...:cool:

Sorry not sure what you are asking... That is who is plugged into whom

Yes the library does support hub(s), but you need to add hub object(s)... Many of the examples show them.

Thanks Frank. I had removed the USBHub declarations from the MIDI code I was using because I didn't need them. Then I promptly forgot that USBHub exists.
If I can free up one of my hubs, I'll try connecting two keyboards to the hub and the hub to USBHost.

Pete

to KurtE,Hi,

I succeeded using a nanoKontrol and a computer keyboard on the same hub wired at the USB HOST,but i think they are only passive (1 way responding)
iI tried with a nanoKontrol at the same time with korg kronos and i had to choose only one to make it working and have to make teensy reset before.
To my opinion kronos communicate 2 ways and i'm afraid two kronos could not be plugged at the same time,like we use to do with midi ox,but if it is
possible to attribuate a midi hub to each one,how do you declare that in the sketch?
Greetings... :cool:

Sorry, I know very little about MIDI. But I believe you can use multiple Midi objects with hubs as there is the example interface_16x16.ino... But again don't know how this works versus what you are
trying to do. But again know very little about using MIDI.

Hi KurtE,
don't worry about it,
I made a little time testing with midi hubs and midi objects and that work!
I only had to delare one more midi object to wrap to kronos what i have in input,so midi1:read input
and midi2 send to output and it's ok.
Greetings...and thanks to all of you :cool:

Back