Question about the Teensy LC's DAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd9kck

I was thinking about using the Teensy LC as a DSP in a small box for use with my Ham Radio but looking that the product page I ran into some confusion.

The product page says that it has a DAC that is accessible thru pin A12 but the pin out diagram does not have a A12 pin listed anywhere. Does this mean that the Teensy LC doesn't actually have an accessible DAC or is the pin out diagram just missing a label somewhere.

Also I wanted to use the Teensy LC because its cheap and also because my existing Teensy 4.0 apparently has no DAC. (Sort of surprising.)

The glossy card that came with your LC shows where that pin is located. See the right-hand edge of the picture. It's immediately below pin 13.

Pete

Teensy LC has a DAC as indicated pin #26 or A12. Looking at the T_LC card or image on pjrc.com will show it on the END opposite the USB connector - on the corner next to Pin #13

Hm I was only looking at the Store page and totally missed that A12 labeling somehow. Also I don't have the card from one as I haven't ordered it yet.

Yes, I just said that, I had been looking around the page for like 20min and some how missed it even after studying the pinout chart.

Just adding link - and credit to Paul - in case anyone else comes across this post ...

It made the page longer - but much more informative - that was done for all the Teensy models in a uniform way to have a better single source for each one ...

Just a word of advice: You won't have much fun with the LC as a DSP.
CPU is a Cortex M0+. It doesn't have any DSP assembler instructions, and for useful audio applications it actually doesn't have enough memory.
I would choose a better model. Since from Teensy 3 the price difference is no longer very strong, I would use a Teensy 4... the DAC is not really needed. Use a cheap I2S DAC like the PT8211 if normal "consumer quality" is enough for you. There are also other possibilities. MQS for example. Or a SPDIF output with external DAC (cheap ~15$ to get from a*a*on..)
I even have one of my Teensy running as FM transmitter. Completely without DAC. Everything in software. My DAC for it is a FM radio... wireless ;)

Teensy LC DAC Voltage?

The glossy card that came with your LC shows where that pin is located. See the right-hand edge of the picture. It's immediately below pin 13.

Pete

Hi,

Does anyone know what is the voltage range for the Teensy LC DAC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back