beware: Mouser.com makes problems with exporting Teensy 4.1

WMXZ

I only wanted to report that mouser.com refused to export Teemsy 4.1 to Germany (I ordered from mouser.de)

I got the following statement
Thank you for your email. The part cannot be exported from the USA. This restriction has nothing to do with your person, or use of the device. There is no further action you are required to take.
This may be a single case, but once it happens, it is difficult to overcome.

I had this last August 2020 as I live in South Korea. I was required to fill in an online form about how it was going to used (in my prototype death ray aimed at obliterating continental America, actually) and it was fine. Is it 'supplied' to Mouser by Sparkfun or Adafruit?

Try ordering again but the (more expensive) Adafruit supplied T4.1 - when it's back in stock. The Sparkfun item entry has an EAR export warning on it, which the Adafruit doesn't.

Last edited:
The same happened to me with an Adafruit RFID breakout (Mouser pn 485-364).
The email stated "Unfortunately, the item on your purchase order has export restrictions imposed by the US Government and we are unable to ship this item to you, the CCATS and 740 license information that allows us to export out of the U.S. is unavailable at this time. We are unable to ship these item(s) to you and they have been removed from your order. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."
I have ordered other Adafruit products in the past, so I have no idea why this one has a restriction. Possibly lack of CE marking? But I bought the same breakout from a European distrubutor the next day.

hey

for info if you order from Germany you can get it here

https://www.distrelec.de/en/teensy-...track=true&no-cache=true&marketingPopup=false

they send it from a EU stock. a bit more expensive but you dont get the import restrictions.

I have no problem to get Teensies (also from EU). You can get it also from Digikey (if available), which I do sometimes to fill up the 50 Euro free shipping limit.
The export issue was long time ago discussed on this forum.
My understanding is that Mouser.com asks for specific documentation that must come with T4.1 from PJRC, which they claim not to have.
Anyhow, the OP was not about getting a T4.1 but Mouser to be difficult.

Back