Compatibility Issue Between the AD9833.h Library and the Teensy3.2

DaveC284

Hi Paul,

There are a number of YouTube videos out there that show the AD9833 working well with an Arduino. I've been able to successfully, smoothly, and repeatedly able to get the AD9833 to run on a Nano using the AD9833.h library.

However, when I apply that same schematic to a Teensy 3.2 and recompile the same code for the Teensy3.2, I get mostly squarewave garbage. I use a pot to adjust the frequency. I can get one frequency at 3.3kHz. See attached .ino file. The library file is also attached.

I was able to implement your direct-register address sketch and it works as "advertised" - I do get 1.00kHz out. Thank you!

Now for the questions:
1. Are you aware of any compatibility issues between the Teensy and the AD9833.h library?
2. Can you suggest things to try to get this sketch (that uses the AD9833.h library) to work with a Teensy?

Thanks,
Dave

Attachments

• AD9833_Proj_Sig_Gen_w.Waveform_Select.ino
    1 KB · Views: 57
  • AD9833.h
    4.3 KB · Views: 78
Hi Paul,

Bill Williams 1952 library can be found on Github:
https://github.com/Billwilliams1952/AD9833-Library-Arduino

Thanks for looking at this. I've spent weeks trying to solve this thing and I had to go back to a Nano to eliminate unknowns.

Thanks,
Dave

Did look at digitalWriteFast only.. oh my. I don't have this chip chip, otherwise I would fix it. These tricks are all not needed for any teensy.
It's better if someone who owns the AD does it.
Or, Dave, just use a better library.

Hi Frank,

I downloaded the Majic Designs library back in April and reviewed the examples included. There's some serious coding there. Isn't there a way to make it simple. I'm struggling to believe it needs to be this complicated. If that is what is required, then I'll incorporate it, but golly!

Thanks,
Dave

Back