MicroMod Teensy - 4 Channel Audio / Custom Carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.

houtson

Hi

I want to use the MicroMod Teensy on an audio project. I've got it in the ATP carrier at the moment but planning a custom carrier with codecs for 4 output channel sound (only need 1 input).

Plan was to use 2x WM8731 as I have experience with them and have a few of them to hand but I see the MicroMod format has only one I2S.

Am I right in thinking that without the second I2S that will be difficult or is there a way to work around that or re-assign interfaces the MicroMod?

Fall back plan is to use a CS42448 with the TDM object so not a disaster if it won't work but would prefer the WM8731s if there's a way to make them work.

Cheers, Paul

Answering my own question here but might be interesting to someone coming behind....

To confirm, the MicroMod has all the pins exposed to run 4 channels in and out no problem using the standard AudioOutputI2SQuad and AudioInputI2SQuad objects.

Just connect up using @mjs513 's wonderful ATP pinout graphic

I made a small board with 2x WM8731 codecs on it and it drives 4x out no problem.

I used the WM8731 control object from @Blackaddr 's BALibrary. I added a setAddress() method to select one or other codec.

Plan is I'll do another custom carrier board incorporating the 2xWm8731

Picture of the ATP with MicroMod Teensy and the custom 2x WM8731 board
2xWM8731.jpg

Schematic of the 2xWM8731 board in Kicad
schematic.jpg

Cheers, Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back