please can someone help an old man and his teensy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm asking for help because at 72 years old things dont make as much sense to me now as they do with you youngsters
( Think of old dogs and new tricks)

I built the Electrotechnique Tsynth from the kit and loaded the v2.31 hex file into my teensy 4.1 and to my great suprise it worked first go .
It soundes great , all the controls work and LEDs light up when they should however ( theres always a however)
the display has the dreaded slanty text . I looked online and its seems this is quite common and there is an easy fix .
In another post on here I found ..... The solution is to modify the code that initialises the display (in ST7735Display.h). The following lines can be changed:

tft.initR(INITR_GREENTAB); //INITR_BLACKTAB
tft.invertDisplay(true); // false

I downloaded the Tsynth teensy 4.1 master file on github and in it opened TSynth.ino in the arduino ide . Across the top were all the extra files with *.H extention I found the ST7735Display.h and changed the two lines as the fix stated , but then I am stuck . I have no idea how to get the whole thing back into one Hex file like V2.31 hex that I could then upload using Teeensy Loader like before.

I tried clicking verify in the IDE but it gave an error AUDIO USB does not name a type even though the only thing I have changed were the two lines it said I should alter.
So now I'm stuck
Please please pretty please could someone who knows what they are doing modify the two lines that need changing and remake it into a single V2.31.hex or V2.31fixed.hex file and post it back here because I dont have a chance of me working it out for myself and it seems a pity to have a great synth ruined just because of the display problem

So , can you help this old phart?

Regards
Don

I hope, I can help you with this part.
it gave an error AUDIO USB does not name a type

In the Arduino menu, select this:
2021-07-31 13_45_13-Window.png
Sorry, my menu is in German, but you'll get the Idea.. :)
If it still does not work, try the other options with "Audio" - Sorry I don't know your programm and do not know what it needs.

Hi Frank
I did try it but unfortunately that didnt cure it, but good news, the guy that I bought the kit from has sent me a fixed hex file so now my synth works great.
I have written back asking if he would mind if I put the file on the forum to help anyone with the same problem

Don

I downloaded the Tsynth code, installed it, modified the two lines you mentioned, set up the IDE and it compiles.
You didn't quite have the IDE set up properly. The reason for the complaint about audio usb is that in the Tools menu you must set USB type to "Serial + MIDI + Audio". Of course, the Board should be set to Teensy 4.1 and the Port should be the relevant COM port (on Windows).

Pete

@ el_supremo .Thanks for that Pete , I did infact set it to Serial + MIDI + Audio but still couldnt get it to compile , but obviously I screwed up something else , thats what I get for being a dozey old codger ,
but at least I got it going now with the fixed hex file
I also included a link to it in my last post incase anyone else gets the same problem

Cheers for the help

Stay safe

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back