teensy 4.1 Programming using External Virtual com port?

nick703

Actually My teensy 4.1 suddenly stopped to detect com port of USB. I have tried every thing inserted new cable , pressing on board button, long press one time red led blink but didn't connect to teensy. I have so many other teensy 4.1 connect perfectly. So trying to different method of programming .

Is that possible to Program teensy4.1 using external serial port module like UM232RL (USB to SERIAL MODULE)?

i have connected pin 0 and pin 1 of teensy 4.1 to UM232RL module pin 1 and pin 5 and connect gnd to gnd.

Actually My teensy 4.1 suddenly stopped to detect com port of USB. I have tried every thing inserted new cable , pressing on board button, long press one time red led blink but didn't connect to teensy. I have so many other teensy 4.1 connect perfectly. So trying to different method of programming .

Is that possible to Program teensy4.1 using external serial port module like UM232RL (USB to SERIAL MODULE)?

i have connected pin 0 and pin 1 of teensy 4.1 to UM232RL module pin 1 and pin 5 and connect gnd to gnd.

Unfortunately, the Teensy is not an Arduino Uno that did not have native USB support and it used a secondary port on the board that used pins 0/1. The USB communication path is completely different from the Serial UART paths.

There are sketches floating around that claim to be able to let you download binaries via other means than USB. But unless you have already loaded these sketches into your Teensy, the only way is via the normal USB connection.

The only thing that comes to mind is soldering wires underneath the Teensy connecting the D-/D+ pads and ground/VIN holes and creating a new USB port.

so there is no other way to programming right.
there is sudden problem i didn't think this is USB connector problem. anyway i can try manual connection .

after trying so many way i didn't connect my teensy 4.1 with windows 7 or windows 10. trying manual connection with usb cable but didn't responded. when i hold the on board teensy button and inserting usb cable one red led blink. then after gone. below is my manual connection of teensy 4.1 . i measure voltage is 5v and 3.3v coming using teensy via USB.
WhatsApp Image 2021-08-06 at 7.03.22 PM (1).jpg
WhatsApp Image 2021-08-06 at 7.03.22 PM.jpg

Back