Measuring resistance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice project.
However..
[...]the error here is greater than 100%.[...]

The problem is easily fixed by using a known resistor that’s closer in value to the unknown resistor. Once I replaced the 1K Ohm known resistor with a 100K Ohm resistor, the accuracy of the measurements improved greatly.
Not sure if the author was aware of what he wrote.. "close to the unknown resistor" is a little bit difficult - its unknown ;) And you don't know the error.
Finally, all the known resistors have an error 1.6-200%.But we can easily measure resistors without having a multimeter.
Yes.. measure with error 200%

Still it's a nice project - and fun to do, for a beginner - but in now mean a replacement for a multimeter ;) It's just fun.
Also, the "Multi" in "Multimeter" means you can measure more than just restiance.

Hey, my current project is to add a indicator stalk for simulators like Truck Simulator 2.
The stalk however works with resistance, which increases or sink when I press or move buttons.

Thats the only way I know for now

Zudem könnten wir deutsch schreiben wenn es erlaubt ist

Translates to : "‎In addition, we could write german if it is allowed‎"

It is allowed ... Some few folks like Frank B are native German speakers ... for the rest of us it takes a translation so posts may be ignored without translation provided.

Though 'right click translate selection' worked well in place on that one. No doubt in some cases though translation can intorduce confusion.
Es ist erlaubt ... Einige wenige Leute wie Frank B. sind deutsche Muttersprachler ... für den Rest von uns braucht es eine Übersetzung, so dass Beiträge ohne Übersetzung ignoriert werden können.

Obwohl 'Rechtsklick-Übersetzungsauswahl' in diesem Fall gut funktioniert hat. Zweifellos kann die Übersetzung in einigen Fällen Verwirrung stiften.

<edit>: that was fun - but should have hit refresh first ...

Yes in German you can create words that are very very long... and still, everybody knows what they mean :)

They heat up when the current is too high.
Search "Ohmsches Gesetz" on Wikipedia to calculate the current.
However, this again depends on how much current (better: Watts) and heat dissipation the resistor was built.
I.e. 1/8 watt, or 1/4 watt etc..

I'm sure there will be others who post formulas here..
Sry, I don't know a tutorial.

For 3Volt, usually a few Ohms.

Edit: don' draw more than a few (well below 10mA) from a teensy i/o pin.

A multimeter uses a voltage to measure resistance.. No way without :)

Most multimeters pass a regulated current through the resistor and measure the resulting voltage, using the same circuitry they have for DC voltage measurements.

You can make a regulated current circuit, but it usually involves an opamp, a transistor, and at least 1 resistor. Not so simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back