TDM Over Serial Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

vb2010

Hello, I want to send TDM stream output from cs42448 to another cs42448 located far about 100 meter, is it possible? How can I sync clocks between them? Can I send them also like TDM Stream ? Thanks a lot for your help. :)

Audio TDM is a high data rate signal, or rather 3 signals (two clocks and data), one of which is a clock with requirements for low-jitter.
For long distance transmission you'll need something like RS485 or LVDS for all 3 signals. CAT5 would be adequate for carrying the signals.
There is the issue of what happens if one end is powered down?
There is also the issue of different ground potentials at different ends?
This might imply use of logic-speed galvanic isolators.

Audio TDM is meant for inter-IC communication on the same PCB, its not easy to drive long haul (partly
because its multiple signals and partly the presence of a DC component on the data signal, and partly
the jitter requirements).

Typically for multichannel digital audio long-haul comms something like ADAT lightpipe (optical) would be used, but this looks
complicated/expensive I fear.

Does anyone know of a simple 3V single ended to long distance differential over cat5 driver module? Probably LVDS or similar.

Im not familiar with tdm, whats the baud rate? Is it point to point or multidrop? Do you need full duplex?

Consider this chip MAX3490AEGSA+

Thanks. Looks like a MAX22500E could do TDM audio to about 200m (using cat5 cable).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back