Teensy-WavePlayer usage with MSC - Need Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwatson

@FrankB - I finally was able to try out this library. It works great with the SD and LittleFS (I tested with QPINAND). I made a sketch to use MSC and a USB thumb drive. It all works well with wave files except the example files given that are 'Nums_...wav'. I can't seem to get any of them to work without a fairy high pitched buzzing noise. The only one that will occasionally work somewhat is this one 'Nums_7dot1_16_44100.wav' and it still has that old style radio hiss in the background. I am probably missing something again. All other wave files I have tested work fine. I know you guys are busy as heck right now but maybe you could check it out. I know very little about the audio library and how it works.

I have attached the zipped sketch folder below.

You will also need this library for the MSC part of it.
https://github.com/wwatson4506/UsbMscFat/tree/UsbMscFat-FS_DATES

This is the latest version that @KurtE and @mjs513 worked on.

Attachments

• WavePlayerMSC.zip
    2 KB · Views: 50
From the description it sounds like msc is a little bit too slow to read the 8 channel files.
I can't look today. It will be Weekend maybe ... :(

Edit:But they worked with SD, right?

From the description it sounds like msc is a little bit too slow to read the 8 channel files.
I can't look today. It will be Weekend maybe ... :(

Edit:But they worked with SD, right?

Correct, It works with LittleFS and SD. I tried with a USB to SD card adapter and had the same problem. I think you are right about MSC being to slow to read the eight channel files. I had suspected that was the problem since it works with both SD and LittleFS. @KurtE put in modified msReadBlocks() method that was used to speed up Fat32 reads for getting used space on a MSC device. Going to use that for the reads and see if that works.

Thanks for the input:)

@FrankB - Not sure yet why but MSC is fast enough to keep up with 8 channel files. I have another project I have been working on https://github.com/wwatson4506/DiskIO. I Modified Teensy-WavePlayer files for use with diskIO and I was able to play the 8 channel files from MSC devices. I have not figured out what the differences are between this and the original sketch that I posted yet but do know your library works with MSC:)
Once I have a decent play() command set up I will update diskIO for testing.

Your WavePlayer seems to to great:)

More later...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back