Disable Teensy 4.1 Ethernet

Status
Not open for further replies.

piyrwq

I'm building an embedded and remote system using Teensy's native Ethernet port to control and collect data from an analyzer. Works great. But every now and then, I'd like to be able to physically connect to the analyzer directly from my PC and leave teensy out of the loop so I can setup and debug. However, I don't have physicals access to unplug the teensy. So, using an Ethernet switch does this for me, but I'd rather not have an extra thing to mount and power (size and power are a major concern).
I tried using an Ethernet splitter (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083WG2SWC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) because I only need to connect one device at a time to my analyzer (teensy or PC),. But once teensy has connected, I can't programmatically disconnect it to allow my PC to then connect without interruption. If I connect the PC connection first it works up right up until teensy runs Ethernet.begin(). I tried client.stop() in an attempt to get teensy off the 'network' but it still causes interruptions. Is there a way to disable teensy's native ethernet? Setting the pins to high impedance? Or something that does the opposite of Ethernet.begin()? (I don't see anything like Ethernet.end()). Maybe the market has a small, self-powered ethernet switch that escaped my Googles? Thanks for any help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back