Teensy2 on macOS Big Sur

Status
Not open for further replies.

heimi

I have a project I coded several years ago running on a teensy2 with macOS HigSierra and Xcode10. It uses Timer1 and Timer2 and compiles well of the recent machine.
Now, after reopening the project on a newer machine with MacOS BigSur and Xcode 12.5 I get errors about
Code:
/Users/xy/Documents/Elektronik/DataLogger/Data_Teensy2_WL_mult/Data_Teensy.c:472:4: 'TCCR2B' undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean 'TCCR0B'?
  840 |     TCCR2B |= ( (1<<CS22) | (1<<CS20));

Seems as avrdude does no more recognize the ATmega32U4.
The teensy is recognized as USB-device as usual
Does anyone had this issue, too?
Compiling new projects with teensyduino on various devices runs without problems

That looks like a compiler error, not anything to do with avrdude.

But no Teensy boards use avrdude, not even Teensy 2.0 or even (long discontinued) Teensy 1.0. They all use Teensy Loader, never avrdude.

Also unclear how this related to Xcode. Very mysterious.

Compiling new projects with teensyduino on various devices runs without problems

Probably best to then just use Arduino+Teensyduino...

The project is from 2017. Xcode produces a .hex-file I choosed and uploaded with teensyloader, possibly older version. It worked fine in these days, together with other projects with teens++2, all with the Timer2.settigs refused now. Changing to the register names of Timer3 it compiled and I was able to upload to the Teensy2.

I am trying with teensyduino now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back